Thursday, November 29, 2007

In Bill We Trust?

I think in this upcoming election it will be important for me as a voter to sift through a bunch of the hogwash that our media throws in to the mix. As most of us know there are several important issues that our candidates have to address. Most responsible Americans know that our economy may be going into a recession, the cost of oil has skyrocketed, and the war in Iraq seems to be a plague that is going to haunt us like Vietnam has. It is interesting to see where our candidates stand on most of our issues, but my biggest issue is where their stance has been and will be in regards to Iraq.

Bill Clinton announced recently that he had always opposed the war, but where does his wife stand? When we invaded Iraq she was more than willing to put her vote for yes. Now since she is one of the top GOP candidates she has claimed that she was misled by Bush. She doesn't support the war anymore, even though she did then. I don't buy it.

Don't get me wrong. I do believe that she whole hearted wants to get our troops out of Iraq, but I think she should have said that from the start. If I were to vote for someone, which I will (once I figure out who the best candidate is), I will vote for someone who as a senator or public official whose life has been on public display for at least ten years and has integrity. I think that a leader should display many virtues, but integrity is the most important. I don't want the U.S. to be "misled" like we have been in the past.

No comments: